Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ghosts in Our House



So lately Britt and I have noticed a few things going missing from our kitchen. A couple weeks ago, the cheese I had been cutting up disappeared, a few days later, a whole package of hot dog buns. For a minute, I was thinking Brylie was sneaking off with stuff to make her own "gwill cheese sammiches", but she assured me she was not to blame. As Britt and I sat pointing fingers at ghosts, gremlins, and possibly Chucky, I noticed our new friend Zoe is almost as tall as the counter and has easy access and a great nose for sniffing out food. Last Sunday Britt and I decided to test out our new theory by leaving some more hot dog buns on the counter. Sure enough, we got home, no hot dog buns, but at least this time she left the wrapper on the floor. As soon as I picked up the wrapper, she bolted for her kennel and piled into the very back of it to try and hide. I think Ghosts would have been more fun, but props to Zoe for fooling us for so long. She really is a fun dog.


PS--Thats not us lynching Zoe for theft, but rather Brylie putting her princess veil on her then tying balloons to it. Zoe would probably have preferred a noose, but she's a great dog and plays very well with Bry.

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

Maybe the ghosts are making Zoe eat. I know we have ghosts, it's weird. We have ghosts that buy and eat entire bags of doritos...I find the empty bag and I know that I didn't buy them or eat them and Jason also claims to know nothing about them. It's just interesting that the bags are always in his COD4 room. Dang COD4 and Dorito loving ghosts....they have the high cholesterol but that's how they roll.

Great new family photo...all so photogenic!

da Jones said...

About time you posted again! Now I'm thinking the "ghosts" hid your computer so you couldn't. I'm on Zoe's side because from here on out she will always be blamed for everything. Even when it is Gizmo's fault.

Wendy Pippin said...

I loved that dog and I think she and Gizmo should come over soon. And Happy Birthday to the adorable Brylie!

Chase and Lacie said...

That is so funny, and I love that Bry dresses the dog up that is to cute. Tell Bry sorry I missed her call the other night.

Joel and Tera said...

Dogs weren't meant to be domesticated.